2012年10月24日星期三

William Hewlett and David Packard Quotes

Here we were with about $500 in capital trying whatever someone thought we might be able to do. So we got into this thing not by design but because it worked out that way.

I'd always been interested in scientific things, but my father - who died when I was 12 - was a greatly beloved doctor, and I did not want to compete with his image, so instead of getting interested in medicine I invested a lot of hours disassembling door locks and things like that. My mother just called it mischief.

When I talked to business schools occasionally, the professor of management is devastated when I say we didn't have any plans when we started.

Believe wow items you can change the world.

We really didn't know if this oscillator was any good. We simply put one together that worked pretty well, sent a letter out to universities and others, got three or four orders, and tried it again.

It is important to remember that both Dave and I were products of the Great Depression. We had observed its effects on all sides, and it could not help but influence our decisions on how a company should be run.

We did not want to run a hire-and-fire operation, but rather a company built on a loyal and dedicated work force. Further we felt that this work force should be able to share to some extent in the progress of the company.

We were just opportunistic. We did anything to bring in a nickel. We made a bowling alley foul-line indicator, a clock drive for a telescope, a thing to make a urinal flush automatically, and a shock machine to make people lose weight.

We knew what technology was available, and we figured out how little bits of it would fit within the area wow gold where we wanted to be. There was not one giant step that we took at any point; there were a lot of little steps. Pretty much we just stuck to our knitting. I think we were concerned about making a technical contribution and we operated on the assumption that if we made a contribution to society, rewards would follow.

We wished to operate, as much as possible, on a pay-as-you-go basis, that our growth be financed by our earnings and not by debt.

What we consider the HP Way doesn't just happen from the top; it's built into the organization. I tell HP people, 'You're really the propagators of the HP Way. You're where it resides.

Packard

I remember that while quite young I got a thrill wow gold from looking at pictures of railroads, bridges, motors, generators, and other mechanical and electrical equipment. I tried to simulate some of these devices with small-scale models in our backyard.

Somehow, we got into a discussion of the responsibility of management. [The moderator] made the point that management's responsibility is to the shareholders - that's the end of it. And I objected. I said, 'I think you're absolutely wrong. Management has a responsibility to its employees, it has a responsibility to its customers, it has a responsibility to the community at large.' And they almost laughed me out of the room.

I think many people assume, wrongly, that a company exists simply to make money. While this is an important result of a company's existence, we have to go deeper to find our real reason for beingA group of people get together and exist as an institution that we call a companyto do something worthwhile - they make a contribution to society.

If they don't get inventories under control, they're not going to be your managers for very long.

I spent many hours roaming the prairie, sometimes with childhood buy wow weapons friends, sometimes alone, until my high school years, when studies and school activities consumed most of my time. But in those early years of roaming, my love of nature was born.

I started helping my mother when I was quite young, and gardening became a lifelong interest for me. I also found it to be an excellent recreational activity, for one quickly forgets the troubles of the world when absorbed with gardening.
More articles come from the:http://www.wowgoldpo.fr/

没有评论:

发表评论